Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby, it's cold outside...

... so I'm staying in and keeping warm. The family is having a Big Bang Theory marathon. I think the little one likes Sheldon - he's got a very monotone voice!

Speaking of the little one... isn't parenting fun? Just when I start to get the hang of it and am able to truly enjoy the stage we're in, we enter a new stage. We're now heavy into the stranger danger phase. Strangers, unfortunately, include everyone except for my husband and I and his mother. If people even look at little one, she starts to scream and cry. I guess that just means we'll be spending that much more time at home until she gets through this phase. No sitters for me!

On the plus side, we are moving onto solid foods for sure! Brown rice cereal and apples so far are a big hit. Up next on the list of things to try are sweet potato and zucchini. I don't know why I was so excited to get to this point, since it means a messier baby and more intense feeding sessions, but it is exciting in its own way. She's certainly not the fragile little newborn she was anymore, and I have to say I do miss those times- sleepless nights and all!

I've been couponing lately, and I'm still not sure if it's for me. I'm definitely not one of those super coupon ladies that can get hundreds of dollars of groceries for just pennies. I understand the concept and how that works, but I do not have the time or patience for that sort of thing. I don't mind clipping coupons and storing them for regular use, however. The problem with that is that I end up spending more than I regularly would by buying things that aren't on my normal shopping list. So I'm not sure if I'll be sticking with this new found hobby or not.

Our house will be officially for sale on Monday! This means a whole new level of craziness added to our life. I keep reminding myself that in a few months (hopefully just a few!) we will be able to settle into our new home and really start to settle down. I try not to think of the insanity that will have to occur to get us to that point and keep visualizing the pot 'o' gold at the end of that rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment