Thursday, July 19, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Time has always flown - except for when I was young in elementary school waiting for class to be over. Which supports the theory that the older you get, the faster it goes...

I wake up at a pretty early time and head off to work. When I get off work, I either go to the gym and head home or head straight home. By the time dinner is made, served, and cleaned, it's past 6. Then we have 2.5 hours or less of quality time with the baby before it's bed time.

So the secret is to make the best of the time available. Clean after the baby is sleeping. Or on the weekend. Read before bed - which unfortunately means reading less- but that's a cost savings as well!!!

Another secret- always be prepared!!! I no longer empty the car when I leave it - those blankets will come in handy someday, as will the beach towels and sunscreen! Keep two diaper bags - one for every day, and one for the evening and weekend outings that require similar but different items.



This is my favorite diaper bag - it's backpack style, so it's not inconvenient each time you try and reach down to pick the baby up. The side pocket is insulated for a bottle, it has plenty of pockets, and holds up to ten cloth diapers. Super plus!!

Take a look at your priorities in life. Although I had a mini (my husband who received my frantic emails today may disagree) freakout about losing my Pinterest account today, I never actually do any of the things I pin. At first that made me sad - I'd love to have time to spend on fun projects again. But I'm okay with that now - I can do them someday, but in the meantime, I'm going to watch the baby learn how fascinating it is to hold her head over the air vent with the A/C running.

Cook quickly, but still healthy. Yes, I love a good risotto and baked dessert and meals that take hours in the oven to cook. But for now, lunch  meat in a whole wheat pita is yummy and quick - and requires less cleanup after!

And it's important to roll with the punches. As hot as it's been lately, I thought it would be fun to take the baby to the city pool with the 0 depth entry that she could sit and splash in. So after getting home, getting dinner made and eaten, and packing and getting in the car, we made it to the pool at 6:30 to find out it closes at 7 every night!!!! So swimming turned into ice cream instead. Still quality time, even though it wasn't what I had planned!!!

On a side note, I did get my Pinterest account back!

Also, still don't understand why a city pool closes at 7 PM - the sun is up until 9:30 through the summer, and people don't get off work until 5! Oh well. There's no fighting the city when it comes to common sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment