Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm going to let you in on a secret...

I tend to take too much on my plate at once (figuratively, and literally...). For example - I have a 3.5 month old baby at home, and I'm a first time mom. I'm trying to get our house ready to sell and move into a new house. I'm making big changes in my life in regards to food and exercise. I'm also trying to keep up on my reading for book club (and I'm totally cheating - I read Water for Elephants years ago but don't really remember all the details, so I plan on just renting the movie with horrid Robert Pattinson starring). I guess to sum it all up, I have way too much to deal with at once.

And I totally do it to myself! No need to lecture me, because I've already heard it. Sometimes I look forward to the day where it's all "done", and I can sit back and relax. But then I realize that just isn't me and it's never going to happen. My Pinterest board can attest to that!

I went to the hobby store yesterday and stopped myself from buying supplies to start yet another craft - hand embroidery. Once I'm in my future home with a craft room, I'll probably be back at that store buying all of the items that I stopped myself from buying yesterday- but at least, until that time comes, I've saved myself from further to do list overload.

But enough about my huge drawbacks... how about something I'm good at???

My money saving lesson that I'm most proud of recently is to find a product that you really enjoy and purchase a lot (for me, lately, it's baby formula), and to call their customer service number printed on the back of the product to tell them how much you like it. Best case scenario - you get free product in the mail (Hello, free expensive baby formula. How I wish I was in your company more often)!!! Worst case scenario - the customer service rep is too used to getting complaints and doesn't know how to react to you calling to say thanks for a great product. It's worth a shot, though!

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog, I know you will get alot of followers.

    ReplyDelete